This section provides information about media coverage of the SOGICA project. It includes interviews with members of the research team and news about the project that have appeared in media outlets. This section will be updated if new items come out. If you would like to receive occasional updates about SOGICA and all media items, subscribe now to our SOGICA mailing list.
- Barreto, D., ‘Requerentes de asilo LGBT têm dificuldades acrescidas a entrar na Europa’, Sábado, 9 July 2020
- Brewer, K., ‘ ‘‘How do I convince the Home Office I’m a lesbian?’’ ’, BBC News, 26 February 2020 (with contribution by Moira Dustin)
- Ennis, E. M. and Held, N., ‘The Wrong Turn; a conversation’, shado, 16 February 2020
- D’Elia, C., ‘A European Human Rights Challenge‘, Snapshotsfromtheborder, 3 August 2020 (with contribution by Carmelo Danisi)
- Ferreira, N., Intervista a Nuno Ferreira sul progetto SOGICA (migrazioni queer), I pomeriggi di IAM (interview with IAM – Intersectionalities And More, Italian NGO), 29 June 2020
- Held N., Interview on DW News for their report on ‘LGBT+ asylum seekers struggle to prove sexual orientation’, 30 July 2020.
- Held, N. and Tschalaer, M., ‘Coronavirus exacerbates LGBTQI refugees’ isolation and trauma’, Al Jazeera, 22 April 2020
- Held, N., Tschalaer, M. and Ćubelić, D., ‘Queere Geflüchtete und die Coronakrise: “Ich habe mich noch nie einsamer gefühlt” ’, Der Tagesspiegel, 31 March 2020. (This article appeared in the print version of the Tagesspiegel under the title ‘‘Mein Leben ist eingefroren” on 6 April 2020).
- Henley, J., ‘LGBT asylum seekers routinely see claims rejected in Europe and UK’, The Guardian, 9 July 2020 (with contribution by Moira Dustin and Nuno Ferreira)
- Hills, C., ‘LGBTQ asylum-seekers routinely rejected in Europe’, The World, 14 July 2020 (with contribution by Moira Dustin)
- Laamari, L., ‘Asilo LGBT in Italia e Europa’, Il Grande Colibri’, 3 June 2020 (with contribution of Carmelo Danisi and the publication of one of the SOGICA videos)
- Pizzimenti, C., ‘Lgbt, non c’è accoglienza in Europa: rifiutata una richiesta di asilo su tre’, Vanity Fair (Italian edition), 10 July 2020 (with contribution by Moira Dustin and Nuno Ferreira)
- Ferreira, N. and Dustin M., ‘Let’s celebrate Pride with empathy and ensure LGBT+ refugees are not left behind’, Metro, 5 July 2019
- Tschalaer, M. and Held, N., ‘LGBTQI+ asylum claimants face extreme social isolation in Germany’, openDemocracy, 26 November 2019
- Dustin, M., ‘Op-Ed: Sexual orientation, gender identity and asylum in the UK: is “discretion” ever a choice?’, ECRE, May 2018
- Ferreira, N. in Alex Cooper, ‘LGBTQ asylum-seekers in Europe subjected to stereotyping and humiliation, rights group says’, NBC News / NBC Out, 29 November 2018
- Ferreira N., Interview on Newshour – BBC World Service on CJEU judgment regarding evidence standards in sexual orientation asylum cases (18’25”), 25 January 2018
- Held N., Interview on Austrian ORF Österreichischer Rundfunk programme Zeit im Bild 2 on sexual orientation and refugees
- Danisi C., Dustin M. and Ferreira N., ‘Academic Armchair: Queering Brexit’, interview on The Badger (University of Sussex Student Union newspaper), 13 November 2017