If you are happy to share your stories or experiences with the SOGICA team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to reply as soon as possible.
We are conscious of the large amount of expertise and experience that already exists about SOGI asylum claims, and we would like to encourage — and very much appreciate — input and ideas from SOGI-based asylum seekers and refugees and from the individuals and organisations that work with them.
Here are some of the ways in which you can support our project:
- Join the SOGICA’s mailing list (sign up in the website footer) to receive regular newsletters about the project’s progress, including opportunities to get involved.
- Follow us on Twitter (@SOGICA1) and Facebook (@SOGICAProject)
- Tell us if you or anyone you know would like to be interviewed for the project, or simply meet us to discuss ways in which we can work together. In this case, please visit our Fieldwork page.
- Complete our survey for people claiming asylum because of sexual orientation or gender identity, LGBTQI+ people claiming asylum, and anyone who works with LGBTQI+ people seeking asylum (before March 2019 when the survey closes):
- Survey for people who have claimed asylum because of sexual orientation or gender identity, or for LGBTQI+ people claiming asylum in Europe
- Survey for people who work with or support LGBTQI+ people claiming asylum
Any information we receive will only be used for the project with your permission, and please tell us if you wish this to be on an anonymous basis. We respect the privacy and confidentiality concerns of all our contributors and supporters, as well as adhering to the ethical standards for research of the University of Sussex.